Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1970 Camaro base coup, it has been modified with various goodies, inc engine/tranny/interior..now it looks like a Z28 but is not decaled with tags. the Vin number is the same (apart from build number) as another Z28 for sale at Vanguard motors Michigan, and mine looks same all over except color and mine has cowl hood..
I'm wondering would it be Blasphemous to put Z28 tags on it.?
I dont want to ridicule my Camaro, but it probably has better mods than a Z28 options..??
I would put emblems on grill and rear spoiler only, cos it has 383 tags on fenders..

Please give me your opinion, thanks ..:wink2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Maybe Blasphemous was a bit over the top, If i tone it down a bit, a similar meaning is 'Disrespectful' LOL
cheers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scblucam,
..thanks I applaud your opinion, I might leave it then.. I know what its capable of even without Z28 tags...

cheers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's your car. Put Mercedes emblems on it if you want. It's for you to enjoy, not us. You're not trying to sell it as a Z28 so no harm, no foul.

·
13,976 Posts
I love clones so long as not done for fraudulent purposes.

Go for it.

Reactions: bills69

·
Registered
181 Posts
Its your car do it up the way you want. Most had them on in the 70s anyways

dont let anyone tell you how to build your car or who to marry lol

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers thanks.! Quite an effort getting it shipped from USA to Aus.. Not cheap to do but happy with result and car in the end. Rego rigmarole was another story...!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you were the first person to ever propose doing this, I would say no, but that ship sailed long ago. Since you've made improvements that you feel are even better than a Z28, why not go with something special and go Z29 or Z30 (or Z56 if you think it is twice as good). In this age of computers special decals are cheap to make and then you could get creative with the style and size. Make it your own, don't follow the crowd!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
If you were the first person to ever propose doing this, I would say no, but that ship sailed long ago. Since you've made improvements that you feel are even better than a Z28, why not go with something special and go Z29 or Z30 (or Z56 if you think it is twice as good). In this age of computers special decals are cheap to make and then you could get creative with the style and size. Make it your own, don't follow the crowd!
That's a great idea,, it's like turning your amp past 10, to 11 ! :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello again guys, its been a while.... Im still debating this issue, I never promote it as a authentic Z28 because of the modifications, when someone asks, I say its a 70 coupe Mod...
The cowl tag doesn't have the Z28 on it because it was built in Van Nuys March 1970. It would just look good with a front badge and spoiler badge. I can buy an adhesive Z28 fender badge.. I thought I could put on the rear spoiler (No Drilling) but I dont know if the fenders and spoiler badge are identical..(they look similar) does anyone know...?
Thanks cheers.

·
Registered
660 Posts
my first gen was not original when i found it so I went with it on more changes as you can see in my profile
my second gen is a one owner mostly original and changed several mods from the PO back to original

·
Retired
26,641 Posts
I wouldn't do anything else to your car if I had it. I like the clean look of no badging or limited badging. By the way, I looked at your photos and am blown away by all the 4 door's! You don't see them very often here... They actually look cool!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts