Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am about to order some tailpipes from the mufflers back. I have been told by one source that these 69 Z's came with 2 in pipe from the mufflers back. Is this true or is it 2.25?

Are these about the closest things to original?
http://www.drclassic.com/catalog/Camaro/Exhaust/Z00088-tips.html

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I went ahead and ordered from D&R classics. They say this is what the Z's came with. This is 2 inch pipe from the mufflers back. He also said the tips are polished pretty nicely as well.

I sure hope these look good!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
WAC, The D&R tailpipes are really nice, i have used several pairs on customers cars. They fit real nice and the tips were even the correct length and angle. I compared them to my NOS tailpipes and they are a real Good match. The originals are 2" by the way. Just remember that the originals had chrome tips, and not that good of chrome either. I never polished the stainless tips anymore than what they came like, figured they looked closer to the GM instead of too shiny? There are also dimensions in the assembly manual for the muffler angle and position, it makes a difference on the tip length behind the valance panel if the muffler is not in the correct place.
Hope this helps. Mike.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huge help! Those were the answers I needed. Now I am excited about my purchase.
I really appreciate the help!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts