Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install the power steering pump on the ZZ-4 and the back of the steering pump hits the plastic timing cover. I am using the old brackets off of the old engine I had. The engine is in my '69 and is set up using a long water pump pulley system with the A/C on the passenger side and the alternator on the driver's side. Is there another bracket set that I can use and where can I get it?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
you can get a march setup, or i think vintage air makes all kinds of different brackets. but the setup i want to get is the new serpentine kit from GM performance parts.probably kind of expensive, but it is all factory brackets, and you can get it 2 ways- with ac pump and power steering pump, or without. it comes with reverse rotation water pump, belt,pulleys, bolts, brackets etc. but i like things to look "factory", like it was offered in my 71 nova as an option. i am seriously looking into getting this setup for my car.
check it out at http://www.paceparts.com/Serpentine%20Belt%20Drive%20Systems.htm
or just change to an older style timing cover.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
You can modify your existing bracket. Just cut away the welded nut on the back side of the bracket. The hole in the new water pump is threaded, so you do away with the thru-bolt and just bolt the bracket at the front. It takes a spacer to get the pulleys to line up. When all bolted down it is rock solid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts